Seeking community contacts for work experience opportunities
Aspley State High School is seeking support from our community to create work experience opportunities for the students we teach. We are seeking a wide variety of work experience venues to provide a breadth of interest-based experiences for our students.
Our program in 2022 will be offered as a two day program on either:
Monday 20 June to Tuesday 21 June
Wednesday 22 June to Thursday 23 June
If you are willing to assist, we would greatly appreciate your time to complete this short survey of information so that we can best place our students with you.
As part of organising work experience, we must complete a Work Experience Agreement Form that all stakeholders must sign prior to placement for insurance purposes. The information provided in this survey will be used for this purpose.
Workplaces will benefit from:
- Students being insured to participate in out-of-school activities at no cost to the employer
- Showcasing your business
- The opportunity to pass on your skills and make a difference in a young person's life
- Receiving a certificate of appreciation
- Our expression of appreciation in our school newsletter and Facebook page
Work experience is crucial for students to:
- Develop work place skills
- Build knowledge and experience to secure and maintain a future job
- Help students to make career related decisions
If you would like to speak further about this opportunity, please contact Trish Hassum:
Phone: (07) 3863 9206